BACK TO HOME PAGE

4221 Frenchmen Street

Click on the tombstones above for the Congregation Beth Israel Cemetery photo album

Congregation Beth Israel, founded in 1904, was the result of a merger of several small Orthodox congregations (including Tememe Derech) earlier formed by Eastern European Jews. Beth Israel is one of two Orthodox/Traditional congregations in New Orleans.
Beth Israel Cemetery No. 2 opened in 1936. It is distinct for it's two lighthouses in the back of the cemetery.